Math in Moscow
Math in Moscow schedule
Basic Representation Theory
The final exam will take place on Tuesday, December, at 6:00pm!
Practice problems are posted
Since the final exam covers all topics discussed since September,
you may also find the practice problems for the midterm
- Introduction. Basic concepts of Representation Theory.
- Invariant subspaces and complete reducibility.
- Basic operations on representations.
- Properties of complex irreducible representations.
- The character theory.
- Representations of SU(2) and SO(3).
- Lie group and Lie algebras.
Vinberg, Ernest B., Linear Representations of Groups,
Birkhauser Basel, 1989
Fulton, William; Harris, Joe., Representation theory. A first course,
Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Readings in Mathematics, 129, New York: Springer-Verlag,
Sheinman, Oleg K., Basic Representation Theory, Moscow: MCCME, 2007.
Serre, Jean-Pierre, Linear Representations of Finite Groups,
Vinberg, Ernest B., A Course in Algebra,
Graduate Studies in Mathematics, 56, AMS, 2003.